open letter to "REITWRECKS" Concerning ARCT

Re: open letter to "REITWRECKS" Concerning ARCT

Postby RealEstateGuy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Hammer, you can't just list a few NTR that came out BEFORE the market collapse and say "see, NTR's true NAV is below $10/sh". Yeah, and the ones that wound up just before the crash were ABOVE $10. So what? WHat I said is that IF conditions 2+ years into the offering have improved such that it is obvious the older properties in the portfolio are worth more than was paid for them, by a sizeable amount. and you can still buy the portfolio for $10/share you have a big edge. I never said this is the case normally with a NTR or even often.

You site Cole II which was going strong when the market collapsed - a perfect example of why it makes sense to WAIT to see how things go - don't buy it. Cole III on the other hand, fits the buy at the end strategy just fine - they bought a lot of properties when prices were very low. Let's see how Cole III turns out - my guess is the full-cycle it quickly and investors get out with a very nice profit, wish I owned more of it.

So, the point is, it's a case-by-case basis. Using examples of NTRs that turned out to be poorly-times just makes my point eben stronger.

RealEstateGuy

Postby masterxbeam » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:19 pm

hmmmmm ARCT close at 10.86 today....... not bad considering the dutch auction is OVER and they decided to forgo the secondary.

Pretty quiet on this thread all of a sudden..... I guess the public markets are speaking louder then the naysayers in this shitty blog.

PS...... I called this price movement EXACTLY spot on, check my previous posts on this thread.

Peace

masterxbeam

Postby DHollands51 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:31 am

Good REIT article in Forbes today that mentions ARCT's success:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/20 ... ternative/

DHollands51

Postby jbnails » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:04 am

Obviously for anyone holding onto to ARCT, it seems like a good deal (I am one). I know it's easy to be a Monday morning QB and many older posts were not positive on ARCT, however it seems they are doing something right. Everything I read, ARCT's listing was very early and their holdings are stable and solid. I guess the secret (if it is a secert) is to repeat the same process over and over. I am trying to education myself in reading the literature to establish which other non-tradeable REIT is following the same pattern, however not being in the industry I struggle with deciphering the literature / information, hence the purpose of an CFP.

Knowing just enought to be dangerous, seeking any pattern does not appear difficult, however I keep reminding myself, if it was easy, it would jump out and bite me plus everyone would know about it.

If everyone would know about it, then tradeable REIT share price would increase, which doesn't help an investor, therefore, I must believe the non-tradeable route of the ARCT pattern is the way to go.

Am I over simplifying the overall approach to selecting the next non-tradeable REIT that doesn't use the Ponzi scheme? There must be a pattern somewhere or was ARCT just plain lucky?

jbnails

Previous

Return to American Realty Capital REITs