Newbie Question -- REIT Going Public (ARCT)

jbnails

Re: Newbie Question -- REIT Going Public (ARCT)

Post by jbnails » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:20 am

I find this very strange and a win-win situation. The lowest tender is 10.50 and the public set the price at 10.49 (at least for now), what's stopping me from putting in a sell order at 11.50 until March 19?

masterxbeam

Post by masterxbeam » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:17 pm

Dear ReitWrecks:

I can not sit silently anymore! I am a financial advisor who has been selling ARCT for four years now to my clients and I would come to this website from time to time and read your vicious threads titled :

American Realty Capital Properties: Let's Play Make Believe!
1, 2 by REIT Wrecks » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:04 pm

and

American Realty Capital Trust: FFOol Me Once...
by REIT Wrecks » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:00 am

as well as

I Run A Non-Traded REIT, And I Am A Rock Star
by REIT Wrecks » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:15 pm

and all i kept thinking was "what am I missing?" I have conducted "my due dillengence" with ARCT for many
years now and never could verify the "gross misconduct" that this management team has committed according to your past headlines listed above. What I CAN verify is that I have clients in this Reit for 2-4 years making a total return of 19-33% (based on friday's close at 10.49 with 4.9 million shares traded )with a dividend that was virtually tax free.

You made a very watered down "apology" that was recently "tucked away" in the background of a reply thread. I suggest that you should make it available as a new posting on this website as its own thread for all to read like you did on all the negative thread topics . Highlight that it is now the largest REIT traded on the Nasdaq and the highest quality (tenant ratings) rated triple net lease on ANY public market. Feel free to compare ARCT to "O" or "NNN" if you need to verify that POSITIVE fact! Bottom line is this invest was nothing but a HOMERUN for my clients and anyone who did NOT listen to you.

FAIR is FAIR ...... show some humility and right the wrongs of your past indiscretions

P.S. I am not a member of the ARCT management team , not Nick, not a wholesaler etc .....as stated above i am just an advisor who believed in a company that you constantly trashed to hell.

masterxbeam

Post by masterxbeam » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:25 pm

JB Nails : nothing stopping you from putting a limit order in until the tender offer is up ........ just the fact that its a long shot that the stock will trade above 10.50 until then. Since that is the lower end of the dutch auction it only makes sense that the stock will trade just slightly below 10.50 until that tender "support" is removed upon expiration. Keep in mind that if you hold ARCT after the tender offer expires you will then be subjected to selling pressure that is not present right now since all the outstanding shares are held by the shareholders that purchased at 10 and may have a shgort term capital gain starring them in the face.

My prediction is the stock trades just shy of 10.50 up until the tender offer expires. Then it will trade lower after that "support" is lifted and then will shoot up higher once the 'inclusion" trade occurrs with the major "reit" index funds adding ARCT to their portfolio (must be completed by june)to the tune of approx 20 % of the outstanding shares. ARCT will be subject to the overall market trends once the tender offer is gone....very important!

Dont be piggish, if you have owned this reit for 1 year plus , take your 5 % upside on pricipal and the 7 % plus that you received on the dividend and call it a day.

Just thoughts from someone who has been involved for a bit...... good luck

jbnails

Post by jbnails » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:24 am

masterxbeam - Nice to read your post. My broker and I have done exactly what you are suggesting. This REIT has met my expectations / goals and it's time to bow out and find the next one. Thanks.