Hold or sell Apple Hospitality??

How much longer?
FloMartin3

Re: Hold or sell Apple Hospitality??

Post by FloMartin3 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:55 pm

stevestevenyny wrote:So, what is next for APLE that will make it move one way or the other?

More info on the up to $500 million dollar buyback?

Quarterly earnings report?

Change in dividend?

Who would even care? This is like Stockholm Syndrome.

FloMartin3

Post by FloMartin3 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:57 pm

FloridaSam wrote:Was APLE added to the Russell 2000? Have not seen any press release.

Yes it was, I posted the link last week. As I said before, it's practically meaningless.

Fred

Post by Fred » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:06 pm

FloMartin3 wrote:
stevestevenyny wrote:So, what is next for APLE that will make it move one way or the other?

More info on the up to $500 million dollar buyback?

Quarterly earnings report?

Change in dividend?

Who would even care? This is like Stockholm Syndrome.
Hard to believe, isn't it? :lol:

REIT Wrecks
Site Admin

Post by REIT Wrecks » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:20 pm

stevestevenyny wrote:With all the complaints about Apple Hospitality REIT,

1) People are receiving an annual dividend of over 6% monthly and it does not include a return of capital.

2) APLE will supposedly will be included in the Russell 2000 next week.

3) They are managing their properties buying and selling them as they deem appropriate.

It's a business and they want it to do well for the company and themselves.
Actually, the dividend DOES include a return of capital, and it is STILL being overpaid.

Not to pick on you Steve, but the following is from the [url=http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1418121/000118518515001138/applehospitality10q033115.htm]March 31, 2015 10Q[/url]:

"Distributions during the three months ended March 31, 2015 totaled approximately $63.4 million... For the same period, the Company's net cash generated from operations was approximately $36.3 million. This shortfall includes a return of capital [emphasis mine] and was funded in part by borrowings on the Company's credit facility."

The Russell 2000 inclusion was a typical red herring touted by disingenuous ICs and did absolutely nothing for the stock price.

As for doing well for the company and themselves, you're welcome to your opinion, but from here I have seen neither management nor the board show any particular regard for shareholders whatsoever. Just look at the Series B conversion and the merger.

REIT Wrecks
Site Admin

Post by REIT Wrecks » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:46 pm

Joel091147 wrote: As for the fees, the amount of profit I'm going to make over my break even point of $18 makes the $80-150 fee chump change to me. Yes all of you are right, Lerners outfit is a cheating crooked outfit that I would never do business with again. But the bottom line for me is what I'm going to make far outshadowes the fees I'm going to pay!!
And here comes Joel, giving up control of the one thing over which he has control....fees. Joel, why pay $80-150 for a box of eggs that is worth no more than $15??

stevestevenyny

Post by stevestevenyny » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:28 am

<< Not to pick on you Steve, but the following is from the March 31, 2015 10Q:

"Distributions during the three months ended March 31, 2015 totaled approximately $63.4 million... For the same period, the Company's net cash generated from operations was approximately $36.3 million. This shortfall includes a return of capital [emphasis mine] and was funded in part by borrowings on the Company's credit facility."

The Russell 2000 inclusion was a typical red herring touted by disingenuous and ignorant ICs and did absolutely nothing for the stock price.

As for doing well for the company and themselves, you're welcome to your opinion, but from here I have seen neither management nor the board show any particular regard for shareholders whatsoever. Just look at the Series B conversion and the hide the weenie merger. Glad you are happy, but next time around, be sure to hire a financial advisor that is an RIA. You and ccppww in particular could use some help! Just sayin' >>

You are quoting stuff from March 31, 2015 - that is before they became a stock company and is absolutely meaningless now. Wake up - this is a new era of greed and manipulation.

Everyone is an expert after the fact. I am sure that Mr REITWRECK knew years ago that Apple 9 would bail out Apple 7 and 8 through a merger and the merged company would be listed on the NYSE at this price. You probably gave shareholders of Lehman Brothers and Enron the same specch after they failed and scolded them for their investments.

FloMartin3

Post by FloMartin3 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:47 am

stevestevenyny wrote:<< Not to pick on you Steve, but the following is from the March 31, 2015 10Q:

The Russell 2000 inclusion was a typical red herring touted by disingenuous and ignorant ICs and did absolutely nothing for the stock price.

As for doing well for the company and themselves, you're welcome to your opinion, but from here I have seen neither management nor the board show any particular regard for shareholders whatsoever. Just look at the Series B conversion and the hide the weenie merger. Glad you are happy, but next time around, be sure to hire a financial advisor that is an RIA. You and ccppww in particular could use some help! Just sayin' >>

You are quoting stuff from March 31, 2015 - that is before they became a stock company and is absolutely meaningless now. Wake up - this is a new era of greed and manipulation.

Everyone is an expert after the fact. I am sure that Mr REITWRECK knew years ago that Apple 9 would bail out Apple 7 and 8 through a merger and the merged company would be listed on the NYSE at this price. You probably gave shareholders of Lehman Brothers and Enron the same specch after they failed and scolded them for their investments.
Who cares if anyone predicted a merger that took place out of desperation and whose main objective was to squeeze more fees from shareholders like you? And your gratuitous comments, aimed at someone who took the time to expose these people?

REIT Wrecks
Site Admin

Post by REIT Wrecks » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:44 am

This thread has been pretty thoughtful, so let's please try to keep it civil.

Steve, the March 31 results I quoted are the latest publicly available financial results for Apple. The second quarter results, when they are published after June 30th, will likely show the same shortfall in cash flow vs. the dividend.

I think the $500 million buyback accomplishes two things: it brings leverage up to a more desired level, and it decreases shares outstanding, which will decrease the aforementioned dividend shortfall. I would not want to bet, however, on whether the buyback will be successful enough to avert a dividend cut.

stevestevenyny

Post by stevestevenyny » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:26 am

Sounds like a reasonable analysis of the upcoming buyback.

Not sure if the shortfall will be the same as March 31 but we shall see soon enough.

Whether Wall Street has factored in these items into the current stock price is anyone's guess.

FloMartin3

Post by FloMartin3 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:40 am

stevestevenyny wrote:Sounds like a reasonable analysis of the upcoming buyback.

Not sure if the shortfall will be the same as March 31 but we shall see soon enough.

Whether Wall Street has factored in these items into the current stock price is anyone's guess.

Yeah. "Wall Street."

Let me give you some advice, Steve. There is a Battle Royale raging between the Department of Labor, the Administration and investor advocates on one side, and the industry and their lobbyists on another. That battle centers around what someone who manages money owes their client. This is called the "Fiduciary Standard." And a key element of that standard is something called the "Duty of Loyalty."

Where do you think the Lerner organization stands on that point? Do you think they believe they have a duty of loyalty to their investors? Have they ever?

No matter what happens to this stock, up or down, the management and the agents of this equity have shown their cards. And if that hasn't sunk in by now, I really don't know you possibly hope to gain.