MacKenzie Capiktal Management Tender Offer

How much longer?
GaryS1001

MacKenzie Capiktal Management Tender Offer

Post by GaryS1001 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:25 am

Anyone thinking about selling to MacKenzie for $7... There's a company Central Trade and Transfer where Apple Hospitality Reit is selling for well over $9.00, $9.24 right now.
I sold 5000 shares in mid-May. (I wanted to hold out for a sale, but I needed the cash).

Here's how it works:
I spoke to Mr. Chad Gardner about my Apple Hospitality Reit shares that I have with Lerner.
Told him what I wanted to sell, and he e-mailed the forms to me as an attachment (about 15 pages).
The last three pages had to be notarized (Gold stamped) so I brought them to my bank and got that done that very same day.
I faxed them back to him about an hour later.
Mr. Gardner listed my shares the next day.
Four days later it sold.
About four weeks after that I got my money $42,000 ($45,000 -6% commission to CT&T).
Not as good as a IPO or sale, but like I said, I needed the cash.

Good luck to all of you.

Joel091147

Re: MacKenzie Capiktal Management Tender Offer

Post by Joel091147 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:16 am

With the 6% commission this stuff fetches $8.68 a share! That's good news if somebody pays that for it bet it's worth a lot more whenever it gets unloaded! Remember when MacKenziemwas offering $3-5 a share, Now those bloodsuckers are even up to $7 a share!, Makes you wonder??

fedup

Post by fedup » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:36 am

Wow,,, $8.68 per share. You paid $11.00, You earned 5% divs and was told it was 8% and you can't get your hands on it for 36 years.(feels like it) How many of you heard David say at a seminar with PowerPoint slides that the Dow Jones was rigged? How many of you sold EVERYTHING because you let a former car salesman or subprime mortgage scum tell you real estate is great and its liquid and therefore bought Apple 8 and/or 9? Had you stayed home and not answered the phone and allow yourself to get talked into a seminar with stupid cookies and corny jokes or scheduled an appointment to buy this crap, you're $50k back in 2008 would be close to $200k. Ahhhh opportunity cost. ask your DLA huckster if he knows what opportunity cost means. what a shame....

GaryS1001

Post by GaryS1001 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:43 pm

I wish I could have held out until this sold, but I just plain needed the cash so I went with the CT&T $9/share (-commission) rather that MacKenzie ($7/share). For those like me who have bills to pay and need cash, CT&T is better than MacKenzie. Right now it looks like those are the only two choices.
Also, if Apple 6 is a guide, if Apple Hospitality sold tomorrow, it would be six months before we'd see any cash by the time all the amendments were finalized and the SEC gave it's approval, plus they might suspend dividends again!
I still have plenty of Apple Hospitality shares left, and I'm hoping I can hold out until there's a sale.

Joel091147

Post by Joel091147 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:56 pm

HOLD OUT!!! Like I've been saying for the past two years this investment was only for a certain few and I do mean few type of people! People who don't need the money for a long period of time and were happy with collecting dividends every month without fail! I stand to make great $$$$ if this shit sells for 11 or more plus I have collected nice dividends for the last six years! Good investment for a select few! Certainly not the elderly or unsophisticated!!! Good luck to every investor here's hoping these crooks get $15 or more a share!!!

ccppww

Post by ccppww » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:39 pm

With the appreciation of the properties from Apple Nine and the fact that they stated
that they can sell the larger, merged REIT at a much higher price, I am expected a
nice profit from the eventual sale.

fedup

Post by fedup » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:57 pm

So all that appreciation on the Apple Nine hotels is going to offset ALL the debt generated in 7 and 8 so you could get your dividend? All that appreciation is going to offset the haircut you took on Apple 8 shares? .85 for 1 ? Has anyone bothered to read the financials? Cashflow Statement? Income from OPERATIONS? I'm just a simple person. But I can figure out those quarterly numbers SUCK. List that reit with Alabama and Mississippi properties in it and watch it sink faster than Billy Mason in a swimming pool. (that was mean but so are 3 pt markups)

If it does get bought out, you better pray its an all cash deal unlike Apple Six or the wonderful Chesapeake oil deal. (great cash cow that was)

Joel091147

Post by Joel091147 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:04 pm

They sold off three shitty performing properties which was probably a good thing, but anyone know how much they got and if they are using the money to pay down debt! I know lots of people who own Apple six and they were happy as a pig in shit buy the deal they got 82% cash back the rest in BRE shares greeting them 7% a month! I'll take that deal in a heartbeat as long as its more than $11 a share!!

ccppww

Post by ccppww » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:17 pm

I am just stating what my Investment Counselor told me.

Of course I do not believe one word that he says.

When I mentioned that Apple Nine shareholders got screwed on this merger, his response was that 'you shareholders approved it'.

Next he will say that we will do better with your next investment with David Lerner using the proceeds from the sale.

GaryS1001

Post by GaryS1001 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:18 pm

Good advice Joel. I will hold out...or I will at least try to.